Wings. Smokey. Sweet. Three of the best words in the English language in one recipe.
Where there are many sweet and savoury recipes, the Smoked BBQ Salt really comes through to give it that extra kick of flavour. Best part? You don’t need to use your smoker to get the flavours.
All the smokey flavour, none of the prep time needed. Win/Win.
- 2 lbs of wings (drummettes and flats)
- ½ cup Honey
- ½ cup Hoisin Sauce
- Fraser Valley Hickory Smoked Salt - 2 tablespoons
- Sugar - 2 tablespoons
Wash and dry your wings
Additionally, cut the drummettes and flats if you have bought whole wings.
Season the wings
Take a large stainless steel bowl, add in your wings, 2 tablespoons of Fraser Valley Hickory Smoked Salt and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Mix until it’s all combined.
Cover the bowl and leave to marinate for about 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 375
- Cover two baking sheets with aluminum foil
- Spray the aluminum foil with cooking spray so the wings don’t stick to the foil
- Transfer the wings to the baking sheets
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes
- During the baking time, mix together the Hoisin and Honey.
- After 15 minutes of baking, take the wings out of the oven and transfer into a mixing bowl, drizzle half of the hoisin and honey mix and toss the wings.
- Place wings back on the baking sheet and bake for another 15 minutes at 375.
- After the second 15 minutes, place wings into the mixing bowl again and drizzle the other half of the hoisin and honey mix and toss the wings for a second time.
- Sprinkle more Fraser Valley Smoked Hickory Salt to taste
Bake at 375 for 5-7 minutes or until the wings caramelize
Plate and Enjoy!
Let us know how you did once you’ve stopped licking your fingers.